Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Day

    Today was and average day, so why am I so happy? Because I'm back on track! For the past week I've been a spoiled brat. The reason why is because I placed my devotion on a guy. (Yes, even though I can't date, I still have feelings for them.) Well, really two. One I like a lot... since fourth grade (I'm 10th right now.) The other likes me a lot. Stares, follows me around, and posts slightly embarrassing comments on facebook. He says he'll stop the comments, but will he ever stop the stares? Anyways, that's why I've been down in the dumps lately. I've been putting all of my energy on mulling through the dim prospects of my life (a guy I like who'll never like me and a guy who won't leave me alone.) I'm looking at what I've been writing and all I can do is laugh. Why in the world am I worrying about such things? In either case I can't (and won't) date, so why even bother worrying about a dude who follows me around or a guy who I've fallen head over heels? Well, I've refocused my life on God and what He wants of me. Over everything, He knows what will happen in my life (He planned it all!) So there is no reason for me to worry! :D thank you LORD for everything!

    Anyways, today I went to Church with my family like every other Sunday. The sermon today was about our conscience and how God should control it. Our Pastor talked about how there are different types of consciences; a seared conscience (one where they are numbed to sin.) There were others but that's all I'll write about it for now. Well, as soon as we got home, we ate some yummy food! meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and salad (and sweat tea!) After that I got to cleaning. I've cleaned the kitchen, did the dishes, started a load of laundry, and cleaned my bathroom (after this I shall be cleaning the hall.) The reason for this sudden sprout of scrubbing isn't because I've suddenly become OCD. It's because we have CFG tonight (Covenant Fellowship Group.) It's where some people from our Church come to chat and eat dessert. While the adults are having some fun, my older brother and I will be at Youth Group. We don't really do much there except eat some food, sometimes sing (which is my favorite thing we do :D) We also go and play volley ball if we want. Our youth pastor has bought a wii for us to play on too, which is fun. See? An average Sunday.

   Now I've got myself thinking. Who in the world will want to read something about a girls life? A random, average girl, who has nothing interesting happening to her. Well, I guess that was the whole point of this blog. To encourage others like me that exciting things happen in their life. Alright, now to get you thinking. Look on your life with fresh eyes. You may think it's boring (believe me, that's what I thought of my life before now) but think of what the kids who are in Africa would think about it. Or in China. Or those across the street. They may think when you go outside to feed your dog, you have an exciting life. Think about it. Just promise me reader, that no matter what you may think of your life, that you realize that others have it worse than you no matter how horrible your life is. I'm not saying your life isn't horrible or incredibly boring, but there are those who have it worse than you. Ok, done with my preaching for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment