Monday, January 10, 2011

A Life's Summary

  Once upon a time there was a girl who had three brothers and one sister. After the young girl grew to ten years of age, her sister left to get an education. Leaving her with three boys. Story of my life. I have three brothers, one who is 20, another 17, and the last 13. One who is going through the difficulties of college, one who is stuck in the awkward stage of transferring from high school to the idea of college, And one who is going through puberty (fun fun.)
    The oldest I grew up "hating." I mean, I was down right evil when it came to that one! When I was about five or so, I asked him for a pillow he was using. You see, I had been expecting him to give it to me. He had always given into me before (the perfect older brother right?) Yeah, well, I was a little brat then. Anyways, he didn't give it to me. So I bit him. Through his blue jeans. And he started bleeding. Boy did I get in trouble! Well, that's when our rivalry began. Well, since then, I've grown up (lots!) and so we hardly ever fight anymore. Yes, I admit I was the one who started the who thing with him :/.
    Now the second oldest. He's kind of the "out of place" child in our family. He doesn't look like mom. He doesn't look like dad. And he's short. He hates change of any kind (which is probably why this whole college thing is confusing him.) He's the humble one in our family (even though he claims to be proud, not in a good way I mean.) He is also (I believe) the most spiritual out of the children. His story of how he became a Christian started from a very young age. His story is he slapped the youngest of this bunch extremely hard (I mean EXTREMELY) He felt so guilty he came to Christ (or should I say Christ came to him?) Anyways, he wants to be a preacher when he gets older which is awesome:D
    Now for the youngest. Puberty is definitely not good for him! He is acting like... well, like he's thirteen! He is really proud so he hates to be made fun of. But he is extremely sympathetic. He really gets people and likes them for who they are. He is also really quick to defend his friends. He is the daredevil in our family. He was the one who almost killed himself multiple times running along the side of the Smokey Mountains... When he was 7.  The only reason why he is alive now from that incident is the eldest kept on grabbing him (over, and over, and over....) Him and the 17 year old don't get along. AT ALL. They are worse than I was with the oldest! I mean, they will fight over if they are fighting (yes, really, they do.) They constantly cut at each other (with words, not with knives!) Oh well... They'll grow up, just like I did.
   I also have a sister. She's in the process of getting her masters (practically done now) in infectious diseases. She plans on going to New Orleans for Medical School. She is an encyclopedia! We have very interesting dinner conversations when she comes home. Mostly about parasites that you contract from food or fresh water. Oh, and did I mention she doesn't eat pork? Or bacon? Yes, hard to believe! (when you think of the family she was raised in.) She says she doesn't like the taste of pork and you can possibly contract some sort of disease or parasite from the bacon (if it's not cooked.) I just say she's picky ;)Well, I also have a mom and a dad.
   Mom is really easy going. I mean, she doesn't let us do everything (which I completely agree with) but she isn't one of those "hoverers." She is an amazing mom!
    My dad is great:D He could tell cheesy jokes for a living! "Abigail, do you see that grave yard over there?" "Yup" "Well, I've heard people are just dying to get in!" ha ha ha. And that's not all of it. He also loves to yell at the TV whenever football is on (of course, the louder you scream, the better chance the players will be able to hear you.)
   Our family has two "greyhounds" (muts:D but as I said before, for the sake of imagination.....) Valentine (my puppy) is fat. Really fat. I mean, she has trouble getting off of her back when we're finished giving her a belly rub. Rascal (the youngest brother's) is almost as crazy as Valentine. What makes her different, is she's not crazy all of the time. But when she is... man! She likes to trip you up with her chain or run you over at full speed (and she ain't no small thing!) Well, this is getting really long, so I'll stop with the summary of what is in my life... tomorrow I might get to what actually happens1 :D

No comments:

Post a Comment