Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lost Friends

I've been listing to "How to Save a Life" by The Frey. It got me thinking. I had this one really good friend in kindergarten. We grew up together! We were really close, but she got into things that weren't at all good. She moved away to her birth father's a year or two ago. We had this really really big fight before she left. I mean, really big. It's been hard for myself to admit it, but she had a huge influence over me. Anyways, it hurt. I cried for about three days and then she moved. I haven't talked to her sense. A lot of the time I wonder if me not being a Christan at the time messed our relationship up. She always asked me questions about God and the Bible, and because I wasn't a true Christian, I couldn't answer them correctly. I tried, really I did! I know now that she needed Jesus. I wish I could have been a better friend. She never really had any great friends and she was always verbally abused by the "good Christian" kids. I do admit completely that she had problems. I've always held a grudge against her because she did pull me into things that weren't good... It's only now that I realized I still love her :( I don't know how I can put into words all of the things I'm feeling right now. I feel like I've lost something important.
"Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend somewhere along in a bitter descend. Would I stayed up with you all night, then I'd know how to save a life."  

2 comments: