Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"Cry the Beloved Country"

Today I finished a book for book discussion tomorrow. It's is called "Cry the Beloved Country" written by Alan Paton. My favorite quote from it is “The tragedy is not that things are broken. The tragedy is that they are not mended again.” :D Well, I love how even though this book is really sad, the author doesn't write it as a lot of modern writers write. He writes it with hope woven into the words! The story doesn't end on a completely sad and horrible note. Though it did leave me crying, it left me feeling satisfied and full. Through all of the hardships this guy (Stephen Kumalo) went through, he remembered God. He still loved and worshiped the Father! He remembered that God is the God who gives and takes away. That is something I believe everyone should remember in life. It isn't going to be easy. It is going to be filled with pain and suffering! But if you focus on God and lean on him when you are in trouble he will sustain you. You will be overflowing with the blessings of God <3 I think everyone should read this book! It not only gives us a wonderful African History background, it shows us how to deal with pain. I recommend this book to anyone who is hurting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment