Friday, January 21, 2011

Sickness and Moby Dick

  Today is yucky. It is yucky because multiple people in my family are sick. With a stomach virus. ugh! Pray for health to return and to keep those who aren't sick (My mom, me, and two of my brothers... oh! and my sister:D) from being sick! Thank you:D Well, we had a Venture Crew meeting last night, and we are going hiking tomorrow! We're going to a place that has waterfalls (very pretty!) and a hilly terrain. I can't wait! The Venture Crew is going to the Appellation trail sometime this summer and we are doing this to train for it (and, not to mention, some fun:D) Yesterday was better than last Thursday! "You know who" didn't dance with me the whole last half (I felt really bad about you having to dance with him Juli, that is, if you minded it!) Anyways, what I hate the most about this whole situation is that I seem to be burdening my friends with it. One time, our Envirothon team won State competition so we went to Nationals (in California.) Well, it was fun and stuff, but on one of the plane rides, they put me and "guess who" guy right beside each other. This was a small plane so it would have been only us sitting alone. ugh! Well, thanks to one of most wonderful friends (not just because of this indecent of course) switched seats with me! :D well, now that I think about it, it makes me feel bad. What if she didn't want to sit there? I know I didn't ask her to, but still. So now I've decided that I'm not going to burden them anymore! I'm just going to have to deal with this thing by myself without having someone else take the hit! OK, done ranting about that for now!
I've finished all of my school for today so I'm happy! I started reading this book called "Jacob Have I Loved." It's really good so far, but my mom said that it was really sad when she read it. I hope I'll like it still! I just finished reading Moby Dick. O. My. Gosh. What a boring book! You learn everything you DON'T want to know about whales. Well, that is the second book I absolutely hated. The first one is a book called "Peace Child." A violent book. Well anyways, pretty much all of the books I've read I kind of like. "Belle Prater's Boy" and "Shadow of the Almighty." "Bud, not Buddy," "The Chosen." I can list a bunch more that I couldn't put down!!! I like books to have a happy ending, even if the middle is sad. Maybe at least a satisfactory ending, something I can accept. Later today, I've got to read to my little brother. Yes, he is only two years younger than me, but his curriculum does call for read alouds. After that I don't know what else. I'll probably play the Xbox 360 (maybe the game Oblivion?) or I can play Morrowind on my computer. Or I could read! I have three books that need finishing. One for a book discussion next week. Fun:D We're reading Les Miserables! It is one of the best books we've read so far (even if it is the longest.) I think it might be longer than the Bible (not sure though ;D) Nothing much else is happening in my life at the moment.
Now I'm thinking again, are you really there? I know, in my mind, I can see "my" readers... but is that just my imagination? I think I'm going crazy. Oh well! Gotta run! 

2 comments: