Sunday, February 6, 2011

Almost 16

OK, I'm turning 16 this Friday and for some reason I feel just the same. I don't feel older, prettier, smarter (in fact, if anything I'd say I'm dumber;D) I guess it's because I don't really want to grow up. I want to stay this age, I want to stay in what I know. I want I want I want I want. Where did wanting ever get us? Well, for sure I'm not getting any younger and I'm not going to stay the same age, so why wish for things when you will only be disappointed? Why wish for things we aren't given? God knows what is best for my life and he will direct me where I need to go. I know it's kind of early to be worrying about for me, but I am confused about college. Where am I going to end up? I want to go to Covenant. I want to go to Two Lane. I want to stay close to home. I want I want I want. *sigh.* All I can say is, God take me where I'm supposed to go! Open the doors and keep me from completely loosing my head. Anyways, pray that I will trust in the LORD for all of this! Thanks:D
We had a missions conference at our church this weekend, and I helped with the kids Friday. They are so wonderful!!! They are funny, engaging, well behaved, and sweet! I love children. That night we sang songs, made valentines for the kids in New Orleans (that is where our guest speaker is from) and watched a cute and very silly video! hahah:D They were also taught the Parable of the Lost Coin. That is one of the most encouraging parables in the Bible! I know this isn't much put down tonight, but I need to go and eat something before I go to bed. Good night, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment